Newsletter

Security Alerts

A car explosion – just metres away from where a British tourist tackled a suspected knifeman to the ground – has rocked Amsterdam’s central Dam Square.   Footage from a CCTV camera showed the blast inside the vehicle left near the World War II cenotaph, which was surrounded by people at the...

A protest group has vowed to “shut down” London by swarming the capital’s roads and holding demonstrations during a month-long period of action.   Youth Demand said it will begin its “national month of action” on Tuesday, carrying out its “biggest civil disobedience campaign yet,” according to the campaigners’ website....

A convicted terrorist who glorified the murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby on YouTube has been sent back to prison for four-and-a-half years.   Royal Barnes, 34, was convicted in March 2014 of inciting terrorism overseas and three counts of transmitting a terrorist publication following the murder of the British soldier in Woolwich, south London the year before....

Germany’s acting Interior Minister Nancy Faeser and her Austrian counterpart, Gerhard Karner, have called off a planned trip to Syria following security warnings of a potential terrorist attack.   The trip was set for Thursday, with an air force plane scheduled to fly Faeser and her delegation from Jordan to...

The sentencing of Cholo Abdi Abdullah, a Kenyan national who was convicted of plotting a 9/11-style attack on the United States, was adjourned Monday after he asked for new lawyers.   “I was thinking of having new lawyers who will represent me,” said Abdullah, who represented himself during the trial last year...

Mohammad Sohail Farooq (18.10.1995) has been sentenced to life imprisonment, with a minimum term of 37 years, for plotting to attack RAF Menwith Hill and St James’s Hospital.    Farooq was convicted of preparing for an act of terrorism last July. During a three-week trial at Sheffield Crown Court the...

Loading